Nicolle Kopping-Pavars explores the very sensitive topic of fertility and divorce on The Smart Divorce with Deborah Moskovitch and Steve Peck. The issues are not as complicated as one might think, as embryos have no rights. Eggs and sperm are defined as property. Nicolle is the founder of NKP-Law, a Family Law practice dedicated to helping families in transition. With a focus on Collaborative Family Law, Family Mediation and Third-Party Reproduction (Surrogacy, Egg Donation and Sperm Donation), NKP Law operates with respect, compassion, integrity and education as our core foundation. We encourage personal growth and adopt a more holistic approach to the practice of family law.
This topic is not often discussed; we explore the issues to provide you with the information that is critical to your decision-making.
- What are an embryo’s rights – if any?
- An embryo donation agreement
- Who retains ownership of the embryo, egg or sperm?
- Why has fertility become an issue in family law and separation
- Is there a difference in issues when dealing with a separation based on infertility
- What is the impact of the “emotional” divorce that family lawyers should be cognizant of when dealing with fertility?
- Fertility and family law moving forward: when there are children of donor off spring or embryo donation.
Don’t forget, LIKE us on our Facebook pages, The Smart Divorce Join the community.
To listen click here
10 secrets on finding a Family Lawyer that won't wreck your family So, how do you go about choosing a family lawyer? Are you looking for a family lawyer? Not sure who will be a good fit for...
“People still don't know about collaborative divorce here,” said Denise Wennogle, a Morristown family law lawyer and mediator who likes doing collaborative divorce work. “The challenge is...