Our guest on The Smart Divorce on Divorce Source Radio, is Bruce Sallan who shares his story of becoming a first-time dad, to a son, four days after his 40th birthday, less than 9 months after getting married (they got pregnant on the honeymoon). His second son was born three years later. When Bruce’s sons were still quite young, he left his job as Vice President ABC Motion Pictures to become a full-time dad and to care for his ailing parents, the classic “sandwich” situation.
Shortly thereafter, his marriage ended and his wife abandoned their children, leaving the state. He became a full-time single dad, in his late forties. Hear Bruce share his lessons and musings on being a single dad.
Topics in this Podcast include:
- Reactions from friends and acquaintances about being a single stay at home dad
- The inherent differences in the parenting styles of mothers and fathers
- How gender differences affecting parenting, friendships and dating
- A single dad’s view on custody and the children’s best interests
- Triumph over heartbreak; new ventures and lessons learned
- The real importance of being a single parent
10 secrets on finding a Family Lawyer that won't wreck your family So, how do you go about choosing a family lawyer? Are you looking for a family lawyer? Not sure who will be a good fit for...
“People still don't know about collaborative divorce here,” said Denise Wennogle, a Morristown family law lawyer and mediator who likes doing collaborative divorce work. “The challenge is...