Want to understand the Do-It-Yourself Divorce in Ontario or elsewhere for that matter? Whatever your frame of mind or situation at this stage of your divorce, The Smart Divorce offers divorce books, DIY divorce kits and divorce information tools that will help you gain clarity, perspective and a smarter next step.
The importance of Do-It-Yourself Divorce information & tools
With more and more people choosing to divorce on their own, it’s important to understand the pros and cons to the Do-It-Yourself Divorce.
Pros of Do-It-Yourself Divorce
For a short term marriage when there are no assets to divide and an amicable divorce, the DIY divorce in Ontario or elsewhere can help save a couple time and money.
Cons of Do-It-Yourself Divorce
- Difficult to navigate the legal system
- How do you know what is in your best interest?
- How do you know your rights, responsibilities and obligations?
- Divorce Mistakes are costly to fix – if indeed you can actually do so
- Judges prefer litigants are represented by family lawyers, and feel legal representation really is in their best interest
How to navigate the legal process saving time, money and your sanity?
- Consult a family lawyer before you sign your separation agreement – to ensure fairness and take care of your best interests.
- The Smart Divorce®Guide can help provide you with powerful information to make informed decisions
- Understand your options to avoid litigation
- Understanding the importance of managing the “emotional divorce” separate from the “legal divorce”
- Speaking with the right professionals to best understand your assets and liabilities – the matrimonial home, pensions, investments, loans and so on.
The Smart Divorce® Guide is a powerful education tool that can save you thousands of dollars and keeps your money in the family. With this information, you are better prepared to manage your divorce and work more effectively with your family lawyer and other divorce professionals. Minimize your legal, financial and emotional costs, so that you can make more informed decisions for a happier, healthier future. The Smart Divorce Guide is the best investment you can make to gain clarity and smarter next steps in managing the practicalities of divorce, while easing the emotional and physical pain that can emerge.
Endorsed by judges, family lawyers and mental health professionals, The Smart Divorce Guide provides guidance and information from leading divorce lawyers, mental health professionals, and parenting experts, well versed on the needs of those in the divorce process. This one-of-a-kind resource makes divorce uncomplicated and effortless to understand.
Do-It-Yourself Divorce: How a Divorce Coach Can Help
For divorce support and divorce coaching or more information and help about DIY divorce in Ontario contact me directly.
Thinking about the Self represented? Think again, and use a divorce coach. Managing a divorce truly is a process. However, you may not know what this process is, how to proceed, and how to process information and counsel along the way to make better decisions. After all, you probably did not approach your marriage with the expectation that you might some day require an exit plan.
Many family lawyers would agree that the divorce process should be handled like a business transaction. Yet, it is difficult during this ‘transaction’ to separate out your emotions which are probably at high tide from the important decisions that will affect you and your children for many years to come. It can also be difficult to get the divorce process started or to know how to choose a family lawyer, assess if your family lawyer is right for you, select other experts such as Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFA), therapists and parenting experts, work cost effectively with legal counsel, and ensure you put your children’s best interests first. All of these are areas where a divorce coach can be very helpful to you.
The role of a divorce coach is to help you navigate the divorce process so that you can better focus on what needs to be done while also reducing the complexity and costs of divorce. The goal is to assist you in making decisions with confidence by providing the research and education you need to work more effectively with your divorce team.
A divorce coach is not a substitute for the important roles of family lawyer or therapist. However, a divorce coach can play a vital role in the divorce process. This includes helping people to understand what to expect, providing a basic knowledge of the dispute resolutions, and ultimately to be better prepared and more confident. Working with a divorce coach is for most individuals short term.
You can expect compassionate and knowledgeable divorce support that that helps to keep you grounded, so that you may create a happier, healthier future. Serving as your coach and divorce resource hub, Sarah and The Smart Divorce® may aid you in:
- Making informed decisions by understanding your options – and best choices – to resolve divorce disputes
- Choosing the family lawyer and divorce team that’s right for you
- Maximizing the value of your time and money by asking your legal counsel the right questions
- Taking control of the process with tools to manage your divorce file
- Getting referrals to respected family lawyers, therapists, family mediators, Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFA), organizations and others whose expertise best meets your needs
- Making better legal and financial decisions by avoiding emotional pitfalls
- Obtaining cost effective information and guidance to empower you through the divorce process
- Moving smoothly to the next chapter of your life with clear goals
Understanding Dispute Resolutions
There are alternatives to court that you need to be aware of and to consider when looking for legal counsel. Having a basic understanding of what these options are will assist you in choosing the right process and the right family lawyer for you. A divorce coach can help you to better understand and sort through the various alternative dispute resolutions such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration and Collaborative Practice.
Finding a family lawyer
This is one of the most important decisions you will make in your divorce. You need to make the time and effort to find the right person for you. A divorce coach can help you to understand the consultation process and can provide guidance and referrals to assist you with your search.
Build your Divorce Team
The divorce process can be handled more strategically, less painfully and in a much smarter way if you consider working with other individuals to help you through this difficult time in your life, and to build your divorce team. Your divorce coach can help you to look for a therapist, parenting expert or financial experts. Once you have retained these individuals, it is time to be forward thinking and to ask pertinent questions. A divorce coach can help you to develop these questions and issues to consider, so that you are better prepared.
A divorce coach is your support during divorce. The role of a divorce coach is to help provide you with the insight, education and knowledge of the divorce process, to help you to be forward thinking and to give you ideas to work more effectively with your legal counsel and other members of your divorce team. After all, there is life after divorce. Your divorce coach is there to help you to move forward in a smart way so that you can rebuild your life and move forward with focus, hope and confidence. And of course save you time, money – and your sanity!
“People still don't know about collaborative divorce here,” said Denise Wennogle, a Morristown family law attorney and mediator who likes doing collaborative divorce work. “The challenge is...
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) - A fund manager's divorce can tank a hedge fund's performance. The only thing that's worse for it is a wedding. A fund's alpha -- the measure of how much it beats the...